Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Gwen has asked me to publish this post:

On March 27th.. 12:30 Paula Cravens will be conducting an acrylic workshop.
This will be at WINDERMERE COMMUNITY HALL.The Tuesday painters who wish to be in Windermere all day are welcome to go there from 9:00 on.
Treats will be provided but sharing is always good.
This is a wonderful opportunity to learn from an accomplished member of our group!!!

Again those Tuesday painters, who wish to, may start out there in the morning will be welcome to do so. The rest of us will be in our usual spot at the Seniors' Hall INVERMERE.
Victoria

1 comment:

  1. HI Gwen,

    I am starting to get excited (and maybe just a touch nervous) about the workshop.

    I am happy to show how I work up a portrait. Will there be any members wanting to follow along? Do they have acrylic paints? I will probably throw a whole lot of information out there so people can certainly ask me how do different things and I will try to comply.

    If someone is wanting to try a portrait, I suggest they have an 8x10 computer print out of the image (one that they can draw on) and a canvas board, canvas, piece of watercolor paper, or piece of masonite (hardboard) larger than the print out. For example: from an 8x10 reference photo, I would use a 16x20 canvas (or perhaps a 12x15 piece of paper). I often work in square formats so for an 8x8 reference photo I would paint a 12x12, 16x16 or 24x24 canvas.

    Whatever you want to paint on (even paper) should have a couple of coats of gesso.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you like.